Pages

Thursday, June 6, 2013

11 Random Things: The Leibster Award

The lovely Crystal Collier has given me the Liebster Award! Thanks Crystal! *waves*



I have to post 11 random facts, and answer 11 questions, and then pass it on, so here goes!

11 random things about me. Eesh! This is hard!

1. Before I became a handbell choir director, I hadn't touched a handbell in my life.

2. I attended 5 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, and one high school.

3. I have lived in five states: SD, IA, MN, WI, and FL.

4. I have three kids, but I don't really like babies. (LOVE toddlers and preschoolers, though.)

5. I kind of want to steal my son's pet bird, Nibbles.

6. My Facebook feed is mostly funny things my kids say and me sharing funny/interesting pictures or articles.

7. Most of the time, I will choose a fruity dessert over a chocolatey one.

8. I just quit my day job (one of them, anyway).

9. I hate to cook.

10. My husband would make a better house-spouse than me. Too bad he's the breadwinner. LOL.

11. I love watching shows like Criminal Minds and CSI and movies like Seven and The Bone Collector, but I can't handle stuff like Paranormal Activity or The Ring.

And 11 Questions from Crystal:

1. What is the best book you've ever read? Magic's Pawn by Mercedes Lackey

2. What is your sport of choice? To play or watch? Um, can I say none? LOL. Not athletic over here. At all. I can handle watching football or basketball or tennis, but I wouldn't CHOOSE to do so, most of the time.

3. What's the coolest place you've ever visited? My family's farm in Western South Dakota. I love it there.

4. Favorite song or artists? Have to go with artists here. I love music! Maroon 5, Avril Lavigne, Evanescence, P!nk, and The Rise of Defiance are probably my top 5 artists.

5. What's your biggest pet peeve? Closed-mindedness (the main reason I left my day job)

6. What is your brand of geek? (Or obsession?)  I'm a bit of a grammar nerd (one of those who see typos/misuse everywhere).

7. What movie do you have memorized, word for word? Used to be Clue or Monty Python and the Holy Grail. But since having kids, probably Finding Nemo or How To Train Your Dragon. LOL

8. If you could choose one myth to be true, which would it be: Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy? Santa Claus, for sure! YAY PRESENTS!

9. What food is your nemesis? Anything with gluten--I'm intolerant.

10. Which army would you choose to defend your home? Ninjas, or Cowboys? Ooh. Tough one. It kinda depends on what they're defending it from, IMO. But I'll go with Ninjas, I think.

11. What is your favorite or most embarrassing nick name? Ugh. My family called me Rissa growing up, and I hated it. It doesn't bother me so bad now, but I really do prefer my full name (I think it's pretty).

Okay, I'm passing this award on to the following people:
Tara Gallina
Christina Farley
Vivi Barnes
Amy Parker
Krystalyn Fowler
Sheri Larsen
Theresa Milstein

And here are my 11 questions for them to answer:

1. If you could write anywhere in the world, where would you go?

2. How many drawer novels do you have?

3. How many unfinished novels do you have?

4. What's your drink of choice?

5. What are you afraid of?

6. What's you favorite T.V. show?

7. Name a book you've read recently that blew you away.

8. What's something you've never done, but want to do someday?

9. What's the silliest thing you've ever done?

10. What's your favorite animal?

11. What's your favorite dessert?

And, hey, choose one of these questions to answer in the comments, too! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment