Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Book Lauches and Blogfests

Last week I took a road trip with my favorite writer friends to go to Tampa for the launch of Kristen Simmon's debut novel Article 5!



Here's the cover and blurb:



ARTICLE 5, the first installment of a dystopian trilogy for teens. Major cities have been abandoned, the Bill of Rights has been revoked and replaced with the Moral Statutes, there are no more police – instead, only soldiers. Seventeen-year-old Ember Miller is old enough to remember that life in the United States used to be different. Living with her rebellious single mother, it’s hard to forget that people weren’t always arrested for reading the wrong books or staying out after dark. She has learned to keep a low profile, but then her mother is arrested for noncompliance with Article 5 of the Moral Statutes. And what’s worse, one of the arresting officers is none other than Chase Jennings…the only boy Ember has ever loved.


Jessica, Christina, Tara, and I had such a fantastic time!

From left to right, Tara, me, Jessica, Kristen, and Christina.

Kristen had lots of fun elements including cookies, 5 gum, raffles, and a reading!



We also met Sarah from The Book Life!


This was an amazing launch for an amazing book, and I am so glad I got to be a part of it!  Go check out Article 5!!!


On another note, don't forget to sign up for the That's YA-more Blogfest!  It's coming up soon--February 11-14--and I can't wait to read all the smoochy goodness. ;)  Plus, if you enjoyed my almost-kisses from the No-Kiss Blogfest, then you'll really love my That's YA-more post.



Go here to sign up, and I will be visiting all the blogs during the blogfest.  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I won an ARC of Article 5. I thought it was great! Book debuts are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a great time! Good books, yummy snacks, and great friends.

    ReplyDelete