Pages

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Getting Ready for a Conference

Hi Everyone!

I'm getting SUPER DUPER excited to go to the SCBWI FL conference in Miami in about a week and a half. Yay! Plus, I'm driving down and rooming with debut YA novelist Jaclyn Dolamore (MAGIC UNDER GLASS - Go buy it)! I'm so lucky!

Anyway, I am doing the usual preparations: going over my ms one more time, printing my first pages, getting my notebooks and tote bag all ready, ordering my Blueboarder pin.

Then, someone on the Blueboard posted a question that reminded me of some comics Debbie Ohi created in preparation for her first trip to the SCBWI National Summer Conference. I just reread them, and they're hilarious! I thought I would share them with you:

http://www.inkygirl.com/writers-conference-newbie-comics/

So, besides NOT bringing my 642,000 word epic vampire wizard fantasy, anyone have any other advice for me? (Yes, I do plan to blog about the conference, so stay tuned for that!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the comic strip. I'm excited to go, too.

    ReplyDelete